Canadian Experience Class

May 2, 2015

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) allows temporary foreign workers with at least one year of full-time skilled work experience (or an equal amount in part-time) in Canada, to apply for permanent residence in Canada. The experience should be gained in the three years prior to application. All CEC applicants must meet the program’s language proficiency requirements to qualify.

If you gained your skilled work experience in Canada in a NOC Teer 0 or 1, you must meet the minimum level of CLB 7 in either English or French for all four language abilities. For applicants with Canadian work experience of NOC Teer 2 or 3, you must meet the minimum level of CLB5 in either English or French for all four language abilities.

Bridging Open Work Permit

If you have applied under the Canadian Experience Class, in certain circumstances, you may also consider a Bridging Open Work Permit. A Bridging Open Work Permit allows you to maintain your legal status in Canada as a temporary resident and continue working in Canada while you await the final decision on your Permanent Resident application, specifically in this case, your Canadian Experience Class application.

In order to be eligible for a Bridging Open Work Permit, you, as an applicant under the Canadian Experience Class, must meet the following requirements:

  • You are currently in Canada;
  • You have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
  • You have received a positive determination of eligibility decision on your application ; and
  • You have made an application for an Open Work Permit.

How Isakov Immigration Law Can Help You:

The Canadian Experience Class application focuses primarily on your experience and the qualifications for your intended occupation in Canada. Just because you may be employed in a position does not guarantee that you will be successful if you lack the qualifications or experience to be considered eligible for the occupation. According to the National Occupational Classification (NOC), each occupation also comes with qualifications you will have to meet.

We will :

  • Draft the necessary forms;
  • Draft appropriate supporting documentation;
  • Assist you with gathering important documents like contracts, agreements, proof of your qualifications;
  • Help you determine the most suitable NOC for you;
  • Submit and follow up on your application, ensuring the fastest possible processing times.